Peace is the way to a brighter world. A peaceful community is a better community. Everybody would live in harmony if there where no conflicts.
Our organization is initiating efforts to build peace among communities and eventually among nations. Negotiations are being held to bring people together in harmony, regardless of age, race, and nationality. Peace starts in the smallest unit of the community, which is the family, and extends to the community, to the country, and throughout the world. It is therefore a duty of each and every one of us to make this world worth-living.
Our members, workers, and donors are doing their best. God is with us, and peace should also be. He said, Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works. Peace is a light that will make the world shine brighter. World Peace is defined in wikipedia as "an ideal of freedom, peace, and happiness among and within all nations and/or people. World peace is the concept of global non-violence. Every nation should strive to prevent warfare. The term is sometimes used to refer to a cessation of all hostility amongst all humanity. For example, World Peace could be crossing boundaries via human rights, animal rights, technology, education, engineering, medicine, diplomats and/or an end to all forms of fighting. Since 1945, the United Nations and the 5 permanent members of the Security Council (the US, Russia, China, France, and the UK) have worked to resolve conflicts without war or declarations of war.
Unfortunately nations have entered into numerous military conflicts since that time.
The smallest and basic unit of the community is the family.
A good community will have good and better families.
Global Compassion also aims for people, and for communities to be better and well-provided for. The organization is working out ways for every community to have access to potable drinking water.
There are also projects for the urban and rural places to be aware of the preventions of various sickness and diseases like Malaria and HIV-AIDS. Through educational and other means of reaching these communities, they are also taught on how to live in harmony, in sanitation, and in safety.
EDUCATION FOR ALL
Global Compassion wants to help attain the goals set by the UNITED NATIONS. It seeks to realize the right of every child to free education, not only in Cameroon but also in every country or nation. The first project of Global Compassion was free education to street children and it was able to cater to the needs of some through the help of some volunteers, teachers, and students. Education is the only way that a community be ready for changes, for technology, and for development. Education helps the individual, the family, the community, the country or nation, and eventually, the world.
MILLENIUM GOALS OF THE UNITED NATIONS
These are the millennium goals of the United Nations. Global Compassion wants to assist the UN in achieving these goals:
1. Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger.- This can be done by initiating agricultural improvements, livelyhood projects, entrepreneurship training and feeding programs.
2. Achieve universal primary education.- Everyone has a right to education. The Global Compassion team helps some street-children in Cameroon to gain easier access to education.
3. Promote gender equality and empower women.- It is now globally accepted that men and women can work hand in hand in making a better world.
Women should also be empowered to let them realize their abilities and opportunies.
4. Reduce child mortality.- The children have the right to live. They should be protected from diseases, harm, and even from cruelty and death.
5. Improve maternal health.- A healthy mother will have a healthy child. She need to be mentally, physically and spiritually well.
6. Combat HIV, AIDS, Malaria and other diseases.- Deadly diseases should be ended and eradicated eventually.
7. Ensure environmental sustainability.- The environment should be well-cared for and maintained, so it is continually suitable for communities and people present and future.
8. Global partnership for development.- The goal is that all people of all nations agree. This is where we can ask the help of each other so this goal can be realized. Global Compassion promotes this cooperation.
RIGHTS OF CHILDREN
Global Compassion respects the rights of a child, and it is bound to protect these rights and let all children know about these rights.
These rights are written below.
Global Compassion is a child-friendly organization.
Declaration of the Rights of the Child (according to the United Nations):
1. All children have the right to what follows, no matter what their race, colour sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, or where they were born or who they were born to.
2. You have the special right to grow up and to develop physically and spiritually in a healthy and normal way, free and with dignity.
3. You have a right to a name and to be a member of a country.
4. You have a right to special care and protection and to good food, housing and medical services.
5. You have the right to special care if handicapped in any way.
6. You have the right to love and understanding, preferably from parents and family, but from the government where these cannot help.
7. You have the right to go to school for free, to play, and to have an equal chance to develop yourself and to learn to be responsible and useful.
Your parents have special responsibilities for your education and guidance.
8. You have the right always to be among the first to get help.
9. You have the right to be protected against cruel acts or exploitation, e.g. you shall not be obliged to do work which hinders your development both physically and mentally. You should not work before a minimum age and never when that would hinder your health, and your moral and physical development.
10. You should be taught peace, understanding, tolerance and friendship among all people.